March 31, 2012

Mod Cables Slouchy Hat

So remember my Mod Cables Hat from way back when?
Mod Cables Hat
I love that hat.  But when I designed it tight fitting hats were popular.  Now?  Not as much.  Now the look is slouchy.  So for this years Malabrigio March I decided that it needed a slouchy reboot:

Mod Cables Slouch Hat


Mod Cables Slouch Hat


Much more current.  But I still used the Mod Cables pattern which I love so much:

Mod Cables Slouch Hat

The fabric that originally inspired the pattern makes me think of Mad Men now...
Can't you just picture this in Don's living room?
Mod Cables Slouch Hat
Or on your head?
The pattern used exactly one skein of Malabrigio Rio.  A superwash, plied version of their yarn:

Mod Cables Slouch Hat


It's just as amazing as their merino worsted.  But more...squisy if that's even possible.

Mod Cables Slouch Hat
The whole Mod Cables Family hanging out.  Here's the Mod Cables Mitten Pattern.
The colorway is Andromeda which I thought complimented my purple coat perfectly:

Mod Cables Slouch Hat

I like purple.

Mod Cables Slouch Hat

And wearing it I'm both warm and trendy... bonus!

Mod Cables Slouch Hat
What do you think... am I pulling this off?
Anyways the hat pattern is now available for FREE as a pdf here:


Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. You look great in it! As I was reading i thought "that looks so awesome with her purple coat". Then you said the same thing. ha! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to cast this on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hats and this is a beautiful pattern. Added to my Queue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a beginner with circular needles, I understand I need a size 8 circular but how many inches long should it be?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...