January 13, 2012

My 2.5 year old's thoughts on Project Runway

So since our plans were cancelled I declared today a SNOW DAY.  Meaning same rule bending as a sick day - lots of movies!  picnics in the living room!  All of the craft supplies out at the same time!  Mommy in a tutu!  It's crazy around here.  Anways before I let my kid put in a movie I wanted to watch the last 15 min of Project Runway Allstars that I had fallen asleep for the night before.  I figured she'd at least be partially into it since the challange was couture (or as described by one of the contestants "prom dresses turned up a notch")  I explained the concept that they would pick their favorite dress and send the worst dress home.

She made me rewind and watch the runway 2 more times.
Snuggled up reading. Perfect plan.
Don't let the monkey jammies fool you.  This kid knows her couture.
I typed up her reactions to the gowns for your amusement:

Looks like a Sleeping Beauty Dress!  Why she have a bib on?  Is she eating some lunch?  I don't like the polka dot bib.

Ooooh I like that one.  Looks like the hair movie (Rapunzle).  It's very sparkly.  But she doesn't have long hair.  No.  That's my favorite dress.

I don't like a dress.  What a pretty neck-a-lace!    It's very sparkly.  I have a sparkly neck-a-lace but not SO sparkly.

LOOK AT THOSE SHOES!  Mommy, LOOK AT THEM.  I need some shoes like that.  They are very tall.  I will be way up a sky!

(this designer kept referring to her dress as a Cinderella dress) That's not a Cinderella dress.  It has too many colors for Cinderella.  I like the purple and orange.  Cinderella does not like purple and orange.


She looks like a birdy.

 That dress has sparkly kitty fabric!  It's fantastic.

She should go home because that dress looks like my tent.

(unsure of this one) Do you like this dress, Mommy?  I like the arm tights.

I'm tired of this dress.  (when I asked her to elaborate she explained)  It looks like all of the dresses everywhere all the time.


 The stepmothers ripped that dress apart!  It's not very pretty because they ripped it all up.


It's a Malificent dress!!!  They wouldn't send Malificent home. No.  She has horns!


Her clear favorites were the Rapunzle dress and the Malificent dress.  I can't say I disagree with her.  And based on this commentary - and the fact that Miss Piggy is the guest judge next week -  I see lots of mother/daughter viewings of Project Runway in our future.  I love this kid.



34 comments:

  1. O.M.G!!!! I am totally ROFLMAO at this! Your daughter is freaking awesome! Give her a big hug! (my coworkers are wondering what on earth I'm hotting and hollering about...) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agreeing with Lauren! Fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're daughter is hilarious! Just the entertainment I needed today sitting at work during a slow snow day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This? This is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was A-MAZE-ING. Thanks for the chuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is insightful, honest, and HILARIOUS! Keep us posted on upcoming reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is too funny!!!! Great comments too! She def. has a sense of style

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh thank you so much! that was awesome. can you do this every week? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous10:21 PM

    I agree. Please do this every week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hysterical! Love this kid!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Leslie11:24 AM

    She is spot on, in my opinion. They to have her on as a guest judge. What a cool little girl. And hilarious. Arm tights.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like fun times. I would have enjoyed this commentary when I watched the episode. (I usually watch it Fri after work while I'm waiting for my husband to get home.) I'm interested to see how they work in Miss Piggy. (sjn821 on Rav)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute, I hope my daughter develops the same love of reality television one day.

    Thanks for stopping by Two Washingtons.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved this!! My favorite parts were the "polka dot bib" and how Cinderella don't like purple and orange!! That is so sweet, I might have to start watching the show just to get my daughter to tell me what she thinks of all the crazy things they come up with!!

    I found your post through Finding The Funny! Stop by my blog some time!

    http://hairpins-and-chocolate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. How adorable is this??? I'm going to check out some more of your blog. I'm in Cincinnati. :)

    Thanks for linking up to finding the funny!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant.
    "It looks like all of the dresses everywhere all the time."

    I think that is the best comment ever about a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mom in a tutu???? Hysterical. And I love the "arm tights". Found you at Anna and Kelley's linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! Oh I can't wait to do this with my daughter. Arm tights - cracks me up! :)
    Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hahaha! Perfect. I also nominate her to guest judge next season!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That.is.Awesom.!! I love kids honest take on things! Visiting from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love listening to little ones talk! This is just too great!
    Also visiting from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haha too funny! Just classic kid talk. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is hilariou. I agree with the tent comment. And Cinderalla clearly didn't like orange and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous3:54 PM

    I love that your 2.5 year old can appreciate great shoes when she sees them. Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this! I stopped watching Project Runway just to avoid getting sucked in...but now I’m curious what my 2.5 year old would think. BTW, “arm tights”? Best.observation.ever!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous10:10 PM

    Wow, you have a fashionista on your hands, for sure! Pretty insightful, too! My little one is only 19 months old, and she's already showing a lot of interest in mommy's shoes, jewelry, and handbags. Oh boy!

    Happy SITS day :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your daughter needs to be on the panel, because she brought up some things that made me look at the dresses in a completely different light. Ahhh, out of the mouths of babes :)

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  29. So precious and so fun to have recorded. She will enjoy looking at these styles and her comments when she is older and has a non-princess vocabulary. I have 2 red headed girls. They only wore dresses until 2nd grade and now they only wear athletic clothes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous8:56 AM

    That is hilarious! I love her reactions...thanks for captioning the pics.

    Happy SITS Day! Nice to meet ya!

    ReplyDelete
  31. HAHAHA!!! This is Awesome,and even the judges say stuff like that. She's going to give Tim Gunn a run for his money. Happy SITS day, and so glad I read this...I'm still giggling.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Looks like the 'handwriting is on the wall' ... you're daughter will surely be a fashion critic when she grows up ;-)
    Hannah P.S.
    Join the fun, submit a cute photo or funny photo to my website contest. Then encourage your friends to vote and watch the results to see how many viewers vote for your photo. NO entry fee. $2,000 of prizes annually. www.FunnyPhotosContest.com.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...